The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board announced yesterday, seven new and reappointed members to its Standing Advisory Group, resulting in total SAG membership of 38.
These members will serve three-year terms, beginning in January 2016.
“PCAOB SAG members assist us in working through the complex issues involved in setting standards and making rules for auditors,” said PCAOB Chairman James R. Doty. “We look forward to the contributions from our newest advisors.”
The SAG advises the PCAOB on the development of auditing and related professional practice standards.
The advisory group includes investor representatives, as well as accounting, auditing, financial reporting, corporate finance and corporate governance representatives and experts. The names of the new SAG members, reappointments, and continuing members are listed below. SAG information and member biographies are available on the PCAOB website.
“We have a number of standard-setting initiatives focused on improving audit quality to protect investors and we look forward to the valuable input these SAG members will provide. We are grateful that they share their time and expertise with us,” said Martin F. Baumann, PCAOB Chief Auditor and Director of Professional Standards and SAG Chairman.
The PCAOB issued a request for SAG membership nominations, including self-nominations, in June 2015. The PCAOB solicits nominations and renominations annually. Membership in the advisory group is personal to the member, and the duties and responsibilities may not be delegated to others.
The Board also announced today that it has scheduled two SAG meetings for 2016: May 18-19 and November 30-December 1. The agendas and meeting logistics will be announced closer to the dates.
SAG meetings facilitate high-level discussions between the PCAOB and SAG members. At a SAG meeting last month, the group devoted time to the PCAOB’s recent concept release on audit quality indicators. In light of that discussion, the Board does not intend to convene a separate roundtable meeting about the concept release in the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Prat Bhatt, Corporate Controller & Chief Accounting Officer, Cisco
- David J. Middendorf, National Managing Partner – Audit Quality & Professional Practice, KPMG
- Karen K. Nelson, Professor of Accounting, Rice University
- David M. Sullivan, Deputy Managing Partner – Professional Practice, Deloitte
- Peter C. Clapman, Senior Advisor, CamberView Partners, LLC
- Jean M. Joy, Director of Professional Practice and Director of Financial Institutions Practice, Wolf & Company, P.C.
- Elizabeth F. Mooney, Vice President, The Capital Group Companies
- Joan C. Amble, President, JCA Consulting, LLC; public company board member
- Charles M. Elson, Edgar S. Woolard, Jr. Chair of Corporate Governance and Director, John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, University of Delaware
- Michael J. Gallagher, Managing Partner, Assurance Quality, PwC
- Sydney K. Garmong, Partner in Charge, Regulatory Competency Center, Crowe Horwath LLP
- Kenneth A. Goldman, Chief Financial Officer, Yahoo, Inc.
- L. Jane Hamblen, Former Chief Legal Counsel, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
- Robert H. Herz, Chief Executive Officer, Robert H. Herz LLC; Executive-in-Residence, Columbia Business School, Columbia University
- Robert B. Hirth, Jr., Chairman, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO)
- Philip R. Johnson, Former Non-Executive Director, Yorkshire Building Society
- Joyce Joseph, Principal, Capital Accounting Advisory and Research, LLC
- Guy R. Jubb, Global Head of Governance and Stewardship, Standard Life Investments, Ltd.
- David A. Kane, Americas Vice Chair, Assurance Professional Practice, Ernst & Young, LLP
- Sara Grootwassink Lewis, Chief Executive Officer, Lewis Corporate Advisors, LLC; public company board member
- Jon Lukomnik, Executive Director, Investor Responsibility Research Center Institute; Managing Partner, Sinclair Capital, LLC
- Douglas L. Maine, Limited Partner and Senior Advisor, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Maureen F. McNichols, Marriner S. Eccles Professor of Public and Private Management and Professor of Accounting, Stanford University
- Liz D. Murrall, Director, Stewardship and Reporting, Investment Management Association
- Richard H. Murray, CEO, Liability Dynamics Consulting, LLC
- Zach Oleksiuk, Americas Head, Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, BlackRock
- Jeremy E. Perler, Partner and Director of Research, Schilit Forensics
- Sandra J. Peters, Head of Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
- Gregory A. Pratt, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer, Carpenter Technology Corporation
- Sridhar Ramamoorti, Associate Professor of Accounting, School of Accountancy, and Director, Corporate Governance Center, Kennesaw State University
- Brandon J. Rees, Deputy Director, Office of Investment, AFL-CIO
- Richard W. Roedel, public company board member
- Philip J. Santarelli, Partner, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Thomas I. Selling, President, Grove Technologies, LLC
- Charles V. Senatore, Executive Vice President, Head of Regulatory Coordination and Strategy, Fidelity Investments
- Jeffrey L. Tate, Chief Audit Executive, The Dow Chemical Company
- Sir David P. Tweedie, Chairman, International Valuation Standards Council
- John W. White, Partner, Corporate Department, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP